5.24.2013

The Bet.

One of my all time favorite thing to do in Duluth is the fall and spring trail running series.  There are soooo many cool running people in Duluth and at $1 per race you just can't beat it!  As you know, Duluth is built on a hill which means running (especially trail running) can be very difficult.  One of the hardest runs of my running history is the "Bull run" located in West Duluth... the hills are beyond anything i've ever ran.  It's just short of 4 miles and every time I want to lay down and die in the middle of it.  Seriously... it's painful.  Every year I question my sanity during that race.

This series Robby & my co-worker John have a bet to who can get the most points at the end of the series wins and the loser buys the winner pizza.  There are 7 races in the spring series and this is how the scoring works...


Scoring Rules
  1. First place in each race earns 150 points, second place earns 149 points, third place earns 148 points, etc.
  2. Earn 25 bonus points if you participate in all seven races.
  3. Drop your lowest score (you drop zero if you missed a race). Lowest scores are marked with [].
  4. Apply rules 1-4 to arrive at your total score for the NMTC Spring Trail Series.

So far Robby is ahead... and John is close behind him.  With two races left anything can happen... although Robby has all of his topping picked out for the pizza he is going to win.

The goat run! This was a fun race, lots or water and mud and even a short period of rock climbing.

Every week I'm chasing this lady... she's fast but i'm still beating her in the overall series!

3 comments:

Mary said...

That is some EXTREME running in some EXTREME puddles! I'm so impressed. Next week you'll get her!

c. said...

This seems SO FUN. I wanna live in Duluth! Mike would for sure get in on the pizza bet if we did. Way to go, Freys!!!

s.r.m said...

Could I be any more proud of you?! Miss that beautiful smile.