3.16.2013

Always by my side

Tonight in church during worship we sang a new song by Chris Tomlin.  I love Chris Tomlin... the lyrics in his songs are so powerful and full of so much truth.  This song "Angel Armies" really stuck with me so when I got home I googled it and found the story that goes with the song.  The story creates  such a beautiful picture of the husband singing a prayer for his wife.  It reminds me of my uncle Stanley who has written a number of songs for his wife and family.  The song he sang at our wedding was actually written for his wife (maybe someday i'll get him to record it!).  I could sit around a campfire for hours and listen to the Balgaard Brothers/Cousins sing and play their guitars. 



I struggle with anxiety and worry and not always trusting God with what's next in life so the lyrics in this song spoke directly to me.  Robby on the other hand is the most calm, laid back, rarely worried person.  There is not one doubt in my mind that God created us for each other.

"I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind, the God of Angel Armies is always by my side."


No comments: