10.24.2012

Grace is the God who stoops

Erin & I went to the Women of Faith conference in St. Paul... and to our surprise we weren't the only 20 something's there (yes, I'm still a twenty something!).  The weekend was spiritually refreshing, full of inspiring messages and lot's and lot's and lot's of laughing.  All of the speakers were incredible but my MOST favorite was Max Lucado... I've read his books and heard his daughter speak but this was the first time hearing him.  He spoke on "Grace" with Scripture from John 8:1-11 where Jesus wrote in the sand "Grace happened here".  We actually don't know what he wrote but I like that guess!  If you haven't read John 8... read. it. now.  It's beautiful and a wonderful reminder that we need God's grace daily no matter what our sin...
Grace.  It's beautiful.  It comes from a relentless God. When grace happens generosity happens.  It's an undeserved favor.  More than we deserve.  Greater than we can imagine.  Grace is the God who stoops and get's eye level with us and meets us exactly where we are.  I can't wait to read his book "Grace"!


The worship band

Justin Beiber's mom sharing about how God brought her through a teen pregnancy.. cool lady!

Mr. Max Lucado praying for our great Country

 - painted by an artist hands - beautiful 

Our first born son... errr I mean our new sponsor child Eric from Rwanda!

Erin & I enjoying a fine Italian treat... a Cannoli!  Worth every calorie.









No comments: