Could today have been more lovely?! No. It was perfect. I woke up and had coffee and breakfast on the deck while enjoying a beautiful sunrise over the lake. I made friends with a hummingbird that decided to hang out with me for a good portion of the morning as well as two deer. I did my secret craft out on the deck and then spent some time in the word. I'm reading through Ecclesiastes, and although, a very pessimistic first chapter - i'm inspired by the words of Solomon to live a life completely for God.... something I struggle with every day. After my lovely time on the deck, I went to church and spent some time in worship - praising God for a lot but especially for keeping my husband safe and sane while overseas. God is good - one week from today he will be home! After church, I did my weekend ritual of biking up to knife river and enjoying some sugar love from the Great Lake Candy Kitchen. (I got more than just ice cream this time). Oops. I brought some sugar love back to the Johnson family and Elsa was overjoyed to get mini gummy bears. Oh, for a lovely Sunday.

Pretty pretty pretty view
I was so surprised to see these two hanging out below my deck. I initially thought they had ginormous antlers - but then I looked at the pics and realized they are maybe a 1st and 2nd year? I'll let you figure that out - cool nonetheless.
And the biggest Vikings fan of the year goes to: Elsa (for staying awake for the game of course).
My highway 61 bike route view up the shore. Does it get any better? Not if you love freezing cold (pretty) water as much as me.
1 comment:
Those deer look fake! Get their antlers for me next time.
Go Vikings!
Post a Comment