7.07.2012

Operation Enduring Freedom

He's off!  From Duluth, to Chicago, to Germany, to Turkey, to Krazkhstan to Afghanistan.... I'm not sure what day he will officially get there but he's hoping to at least get a quick stop in Germany for a German beer!  I helped him pack and literally had to jump on his bag to get it closed.  We made a spur of the moment trip to Target to pick up an I Pad so we can Skype when he is away.  I'm actually very relieved that he is gone so that now I can focus on him coming home instead of leaving.  I can't imagine having to deal with a longer deployment... so thankful it will be quick!  Keep praying for God to watch over him for a safe deployment, positive experience and that we can connect on a regular basis.  I'm so proud of him for being brave and willing to serve our country.

 Freshly shaved head... compliments of me :)

 70 days worth of combat stuff

Robby & Becky (this is who is deploying with
300 more airman will be leaving from the 148th Fighter Wing in August)

2 comments:

c. said...

Safe travels, Robby! We will be praying for you!

p.s. Kar are your yellow shorts from Banana Republic? If so, I have the same pair :)

love you, friend!

Karley Ann said...

It's a yellow skirt from Target. I'm not that classy Chels! ;)

Thanks for praying for us! Skype is a wonderful thing!