11.08.2009

November Camping!!

Robby and I went camping this weekend. Our original plan was to go backpacking on the Superior Hiking Trail and make camp there. When we got to one of the trail heads we found out the entire trail was closed for deer hunting. Boo! So we decided to go to Gooseberry Falls instead... it was beautiful! It got cold at night but thanks to the awesome sleeping bag Robby got for me I stayed warm all night!

We built a fire next to the lake and made wild rice soup and drank wine and hot chocolate... mmmmm!!

Bundling up so I can survive the the below temperature... brrrrrrr!

This is a picture of Robby trying to wake me up at 5:30 to go watch the sunrise... it was soooooo cold I didn't want to get out of my sleeping bag.


It was TOTALLY worth getting up for. We sat on a cliff and watched the sunrise over Lake Superior. So romantic :)

Of course, you can't go up the shore without stopping for some good eats at Betty's Pies. We got breakfast, coffee and slices of the Great Lakes Crunch... yummy!!


Overall, a FANTASTIC camping trip!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Awww..adorable! I'm glad you chose to bring wine AND hot chocolate!

Jill said...

Was that picture of you by the fire before or after you grabbed the piping hot spoon and burnt your finger?

Karley Ann said...

It was definitly before!