8.19.2013

Projects!

We are getting projects done little by little.  It's been super nice to move into our house and not feel like we have a lot to do.  Now that we've been here for a couple months we have a little list going.

Back in June I went to a garage sale in Fergus and found this cute old dresser for $20... it even came with super cute hardware.  I decided to paint it and us it for a changing table in our nursery.  I'm going to get a pad and sew a fun cover for it too.  While I was busy painting my cute dresser, Robby was busy painting his super manly man cave.  He got free paint at WLSD where they re-use recycled paint. Sweet deal!





Here is the finished dresser!  Surprise... I painted it to match my bianchi.  What other color is there anyways?


Last summer my dad won a bid to tear down and bury an old farmstead.  Before he tore it down we went pickin' for anything old and cool.  I got an old barn door that i'm going to use as a headboard (that project is still in the works) some old windows, a chair & some other things.  But my most prized piece is this vanity!  I was going to paint it but after many many people told me not to I decided to leave it.  I did paint the handles and polished it up a bit and got a new bench.  Cute right?  Just think how long this lovely piece was sitting in an abandoned farm... what a shame.  Karley to the rescue!  It fit's perfectly in my dressing room!





No comments: