8.24.2013

A very special slumber party

My good friend Erin's sweet 3 year old has been begging to have a slumber party at our new house.  We've been planning it for about a month and finally decided it was time to give it a try.  Friday night we had a few friends over for a Frey fish fry and pizza party to prep Elsa for her first stay away from home.

Do you remember back to my post about Robby & Johns bet in the trail race?  Well Robby ended up winning so John brought Robby over his prize pizza.

(notice someone creeping into the picture that really wants a bite of pizza?)

(This is John's wife Tiffany, their sweet girl Amelia, and Elsa.)

While we were having dinner we all placed bets on if Elsa would make it the whole night without getting homesick.  Robby's guess was that she had about a 15% chance of making it.  After dinner Elsa started asking her parents when they were going to leave.  Actually,  she started demanding them to leave so we could start the slumber party.  While Erin was getting all emotional and giving her lots of hugs and kisses Elsa started shutting the door on her.  It was pretty funny!  


We painted a picture frame for Erin...

Played with babies...

Did a puzzle and practiced ballet...


Read books...

Lot's of books!

After the books we shut off the lights and Elsa talked & talked & talked.  I felt like I was 12 again at a real slumber party.  She said so many funny things and I was going to try to remember but I was so tired.  One story I remember is "I love pancakes, I can't wait until tomorrow when we have pancakes.  If daddy eats too many pancakes then he has to go to the bathroom for a looooong time."
She was incredibly sweet & cute all night and never even showed one sign of being home sick.  Sweet girl!

The next morning we woke up and made pancakes together - we invited her parents and sister over for breakfast because she kinda missed them a little.  It was a fun & successful 1st slumber party!


2 comments:

Mary said...

So so cute! Your going to be the best mom!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.