I have been praying for a running friend for a loooooongg time! Probably ever since my friend Jen Flavin moved out of town. I'm a much better co-runner and enjoy the company and the accountability of a running partner. This year at the trail races I met Natalie. We have been running together ever since the trail series finished. Durning a trail race in late May, Natalie was talking to one of her other friends and I overheard her say she was pregnant. I turned around and screamed and said I'm pregnant too!! I had literally just found out the night before and she had just found out too. We are due two days apart - i'm due January 29th and she is due January 31st. Even better... we have the same doctor so hopefully we are not in labor at the same time. ha! So not only did I get a running friend... I made a friend entering a very exciting, scary & unknown new chapter of life at the same time as me! God works in very cool ways and it's fun to look back and see prayers answered in ways so unexpected.
Today Natalie and I went strawberry picking at Finke's Berry Farm. They had a great crop this year and the berries are delicous! I plan to attempt my first time making strawberry jelly... i'll have to blog about it to let you know how it goes. Thanks to the Pioneer Woman I will have illustrated step-by-step instructions... what could possibly go wrong?

2 comments:
Haha, fun! You should at least do one strawberry pie though, just for fun.
Yay, running buddies are the best. I have been so sad to not run with my run club. Hopefully your preggo running can go on longer than mine.
Oh, and strawberries. Yum.
Post a Comment