2.23.2013

Meet our CA hosts - Part 1

We arrived in beautiful San Francisco to gorgeous weather and our hosts (DoLoris & Doug) picking us up from the airport.  DoLoris is my dad's 1st cousin... but for some reason I've always called her my aunt or great aunt or even grandma.... cousin just doesn't really fit.  We've been really close ever since I was little and when she would visit MN we would always find an adventure to go on.  She was the 1st person I ever knew that would buy half of the inventory in a store in one shopping trip ;)

Meet DoLoris & Doug... a lovely (MN nice) couple.



The first full day in CA we went to see the Muir Woods.  
The redwood tree's were stunning and the park was so beautiful.

We also took a tour around some beautiful country side, visited Stinson beach and ate at a cute cafe.



Picking oranges... I was overly excited about this and finding a huge cactus.
Sorry Mark about accidentally picking your solo oranage!


DoLoris & Doug live just south of Napa Valley.  This was a place that has always been on my bucket list.  It was beautiful and the wine was awesome!  Definitely a place I would like to re-visit in the fall when the grapes are in prime season.

Robby's #1 thing to do in CA was see the redwood's and mine was to eat fresh crab!  So we went & got fresh crab thew out newspaper on the table and cracked away.  It was yummy!

We concluded our lovely time in SF with D&D by a game of dice and waking up to Doug's homemade breakfast!  Thanks for the fun time in SF... it's a trip we will never forget!

Now off to drive down the beautiful pacific coast highway to LA for a wedding.  More on that later...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Nice use of the collages! I love the pictures! AND DoLoris!

c. said...

I wanna go tooooooo! Let's have a group trip in the fall!