10.09.2011
Fall in Duluth!
Mom, Dad and Lily came for a visit to Duluth. We had a wonderful weekend together, perfect weather and beautiful scenery. We ventured up to Bayfield for Apple Fest (which by the way is totally overrated). We ended up having a good time at Apple Fest... but I think we all agree that it would be okay if we never went again. On our way to Bayfield we stopped by some garage sales and all found a treasure. We sampled wine at the winery, bought some yummy apples and took a ferry over to Madeline Island (where Robby & I got engaged) and enjoyed a beer at the burned down bar. Probably our favorite part of the trip was our campsite in Herbster. I'm bummed that I don't have any pictures of our campsite because they are all on dads camera. We had a lakeside campsite so we fell asleep listening to the waves crash into the shore. It was so peaceful, relaxing and perfect. The weather was amazing for October camping... I didn't even need a blanket! Lily was very excited to camp. We ate at both of the small town restaurants... one for dinner and one for breakfast complete with the small town hospitality. We all loved Herbster and would definitely like to camp there again one day. Overall we it was a grrrreat weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you got it to work! Love the photos - but one question? Where is the pizza?
How fun! You have upped the level of blogging now :) Great pics, looks like an awesome weekend!
Post a Comment