1.26.2014

Happy New Year!


I have been such a procrastinator with my blog - i'm sorry!  I plan to put much more effort into it this year & have a feeling my blog will be full of all things baby (and puppy).  Here is a recap of some fun things that happened the past few months.


We went down to the Duluth hot air balloon festival.  Sadly, it was too windy to put up the balloons so this is the best picture I got.  The moon rising above the lake was well worth our trip down to the lake to a balloon festival with no balloons.  :)


Jill & Shawn have been busy brewing their own beer.  We made it down to the cities for Thursday night brew night.  It looked like a chemistry project going on in their kitchen. Fun!


 Baby Dane got baptized at camp!  We have a mini reunion of camp staff celebrating Dane's baptism together.  We had such a fun time catching up with everyone and meeting sweet baby Dane.

And we got to meet baby Gus - GUS HAS HAIR!  Seriously, does he just melt your heart?


 Every morning Kenai & I have coffee together.  It's just the best.  This was when I could still hold her… she is getting big so fast!


Robby & Duke released pheasants together on the farm.  They buy the pheasants from a farm, band them and then release them onto our farm.  It was really neat to watch.  Robby was so excited all he could do was hug uncle Duke!


Michelle is my new co-worker who also happens to be a NDSU alumni.  We celebrated one day by sporting out Bison gear at work.  It was fun - most people were like "Where is NDSU?"

Robby got to go elk hunting in Montana.  He was really excited to experience elk camp!

My two favorite Duluth girls came over for a hot chocolate party (with unlimited marshmallows)!


Alexis and I grew up together and are both having our 1st baby!  She is due two days after me.  It would be fun to have a baby on the same day!

 This is after our 1st crazy snow storm.  We got 34" of snow in one storm!!

I was so excited to put lights on my charlie brown tree… the snow kinda covered them up.

 Kenai LOVES the snow.  It's hard to get her to come inside.  Robby says she looked like a killer whale going through the snow.  She burrows all of the way under and then pops up.  It's pretty fun to watch her in her element.  Most of the time her head is buried in a snow pile.  When we are done playing and she burns off her energy she loves to cuddle!


35 weeks pregnant and still flipping lefse like a pro.

 The crazy Ohren/Balgaard/Hoff Chirstmas photo.  We are never really normal so why pretend?

We do a women's gift exchange at our party and FOUR out of the nine women gifted the new Pioneer Woman Cookbook.  I mean of all the things you can give as a gift… what are the odds?!?  It's a fabulous cookbook!

 Robby was in charge of our New Years Eve party.  A grain belt for my love… a sanpellegrino (best ever pregnancy drink) for preggers & sushi rolls for dinner.  I didn't get a picture of the best part though… KEY LIME PIE.  I could die on the couch eating key lime pie.

Two of my running buddies are also pregnant and none of us are finding out the gender!  When running became a pain we started walking together every Wednesday night.  Can't wait to get our strollers out for a good run together!

Natalie was due two days after me… and surprise she had her baby a week ago!  She had a boy and named him Jax… he is so sweet and so little!

Roberto, Kenai & I out for a walk.  The little puller got put on a gentle leader and our walks are much more enjoyable now.  Can't wait to teach this baby girl how to Skijorn.  She is a puller that's for sure!!

39 weeks pregnant!  This is my bosses wife and she is just an incredible person.  They don't live far from us so she will make a great adopted Duluth grandma!


Robby's work threw me a baby shower a couple weeks ago.  Everyone was so nice and it was a lot of fun!
]

 You might be wondering what you do at a military baby shower.  Well they do pushups of course!  Why wouldn't they?  A pushup for every week.


And here I am 39 weeks pregnant!  ALMOST THERE!




3 comments:

Jill said...

Awesome update!!

Unknown said...

This post just made me so happy (and so hungry for sushi) (and desperate to get a Husky!) (I told you Hunter really really wants one, right?) (Hunter + Robby = BFF's) and I'm so glad you posted. I can't WAIT to see this blog blow up with pix of Gideon! I love you, Karley!

c. said...

Love this recap. You have the gift of writing in your own voice, I can hear you as I read and it is fantastic. Thanks for including Dane's baptism! Also will you e-mail me that picture? It's better than the one I have. Thanks! :)