9.19.2013

A very special visit!

We welcomed a bunch of tourists over Labor Day weekend this year!  Mom, Dad, Gary & Barbie came up for a visit.  It was a very special visit because this was (according to Barbie) Barbie & Gary's first vacation together since Justin was a sophomore in high school (Justin is a year older than me!).  Robby & I pretended to be tourists with them all weekend and we had a blast!  I never get tired of the tourist attractions in Duluth.  We even took advantage of having a of couple handy men staying with us - they took a rotting tree down,  took and ugly tree down, removed an old stump, saved my tomato plant and did a bunch of other handy things around the house.  So now we've made a new requirement to be a guest at our house: you must remove a dead tree from our yard while you're here.  Bring your chain saw!

We did so much in two days when they left if felt like we did a week's worth of sight seeing.  We drove up the highway, ate at Emily's, enjoyed a treat at the Candy Kitchen, spent some time at the beach, enjoyed drinks on a patio, shopped in canal park, watched TWO ships go through the canal, enjoyed breakfast on the patio of Amazing Grace, and shopped a little more... and I'm forgetting some things I know!  I think this might have been Base Camp's first shopping trip!






1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I love the pic of BaseCamp and the lift bridge!!