4.28.2012

The Wannabe Sisters

It's my dream of all dreams to own a store with my lovely smart talented creative unique bestest friend ever... Mary.  Somehow, someway I will get her to move to MN (best state ever by the way) and we will hit up every estate, thrift, garage, antique sale we can find to repurpose old junk.  I'm slightly obsessed with this new trend called junking.  I go to all of the stores and occasional sales in Duluth... but really I just want to find my own junk to repurpose.  My dad was bidding a job to tear down an abandoned farm... and we went over there to salvage old barn wood, old doors, vintage dishes left in the house, old milk cans... etc.  It was the most FUN day ever.  We are planning on going again in a couple weeks so I will take pictures then.  Once, Mary & I had a garage sale and sold a painting that we painted ourselves... ever since then we have considered ourselves real artists (i'm positive they wanted it for our beautiful masterpiece and not the canvas underneath it).  Someday Mary & I will have an occasional sale... but for now i'll just dream about it.  We will call our store "The Wannabe Sisters"... maybe.

Here are some of my latests estate/garage sale finds.  As you can see I have an obsession for jars!!  I flirted with an old man to get a good price for them.... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. :)  My favorite piece is the yellow crate...  I LOVE IT!  I'm also starting my very own collection of vintage pyrex.  I love old junk so much!


4 comments:

Jill said...

I have that exact same 2 compartment white glass pan from Shawn's grandma! Funny... Cute crate!

Jill said...

If you had a store you could name it Karma (Karley + Mary) plus it has a good "this old thing is coming back around to trendy and useful" kinda ring to it.

Mary said...

Best post ever! I thought this was a professional photo from a photo shoot! I'll let you write the business proposal. I love us!

c. said...

CUTE! I love two compartment glass dishes. "How do you cook both broccoli AND green beans at the same time without having them combine together?" asked the ladies of old. VIOLA, the two compartment glass dish was born.

I also support the name Karma for your store, but feel it should be notated Kar+Ma so as to showcase the meaning. I'd also toss in Ida Ann as a fun name.