3.31.2012

Duluth Life

Robby and I took on a new little (rather big) life adventure.

In February I got a random phone call from a friend of the family. They own a mansion very very large home in Duluth that has been on the market for quite a while. Since they were having trouble selling it they decided to put their home on homeaway.com and use it as a vacation rental click HERE. They asked us to be caretakers and flip the house after groups leave. Also, we get to have family up and use the house when nobody is staying there... which is a really really fun perk! We are going to have a very very busy summer cleaning - but i'm really looking forward to it and it's great extra money! YES! :)


The Balgaards were the first to come up and stay and we have the most lovely time! My mom and I sat in what used to be the cigar room & had wine by the fireplace. The room has a bell built into the wall that back in the olden days was used to ring for the hired help - Lily would ring the bell and Robby brought her whatever she wanted :) The house has so much character and old charm - I love it! The hiking trails are right behind the house with beautiful views and waterfalls!! We had such a great time!








And the best picture of the weekend...

3 comments:

c. said...

Ummm AWESOME. I say we have a Frey/Capistrant/Headrick weekend SOON. BOOK IT!

p.s. what is Robby up to in that last picture? Classic.

c. said...

Freadistrant. That's our combined last names. Or Caprickey.

Karley Ann said...

okay and the Rambows & Millards... they can come too!