After waiting five hours in the emergency room with chest pain I found out I have a severe blood clot in my lungs. Scary! The first doctor I had was horrible and all I heard from her mouth was "life-threatening" and "medication for the rest of my life". She talked so fast it was so frightening and the look in Robby's eyes as he came over to hold my hand - I seriously thought I might be dying. But then I got a much more graceful doctor who sat down and explained everything to me - the only words I needed to hear was "it's treatable". That made me feel sooooo much better. Anyways - it has been so up and down the past few days. I've had a lot of pain in my chest and back and the doctor said since the clot is so big i might be in pain for a couple of weeks. Thank God for pain killers! I will be on medication for six months and then hopefully get to go off of them after that. Robby has gotten good at giving me shots! It was so great having my parents in town for a few days... times like this you just need your mom. Nobody can make me toast as good as her! Thank you to everyone who came to the hospital to visit, sent flowers, brought lunch and of course for all of your prayers. It is a great reminder of how fragile life is - i'm blessed with a great life, husband, family and friends!

Erin brought me caribou to brighten my day after hearing the bad news in the ER.

The Ohrens, Balgaards and Freys sent pretty flowers to my room.
So thoughtful!
2 comments:
I'm going to pretend like I didn't start bawling when I saw you hooked up to an IV. I love you, Karley! I think what you need is a 24hr hooked up live Skype with Mary. You KNOW she can make you feel better!!
I'm also going to pretend like I didn't start bawling. Don't ever get sick again! OKAY? I love you more than the sky!
Post a Comment